I love cilantro lime (and mentioned that here), so last weekend when shrimp were on sale at the grocery store, I decided to whip up some Cilantro Lime Shrimp Kabobs. But I didn’t stop there. Paired with cilantro lime rice, and we’ve got ourselves a refreshing (& cohesive) meal full of my favorite flavors,
I even used fresh cilantro I wasgrowing. Emphasis on the “WAS” because…well…RIP cilantro. 🙁 Unfortunately cilantro is pretty tough to grow indoors and has a fairly short lifespan (lesson learned). Maybe I’ll make another attempt at growing my own cilantro, but I think I’ll focus on keeping the rest of the herbs that are growing at my apartment alive first. More on Apartment E’s Herb Garden another time.
A few notes on this recipe: use fresh cilantro if possible. Dried will work, but fresh cilantro offers so much more flavor. Fresh lime is better too but feel free to improvise (click on the link above for another idea).
XO – Courtney
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Kabobs
- Raw Shrimp, Peeled & Deveined
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Limes
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- Olive Oil
- Bamboo Skewers
- Soak bamboo skewers in water while thawing the shrimp. Thaw shrimp in cold water. Slice one lime.
- Thread the shrimp and lime slices (folded) onto the skewers. Season with cilantro and garlic.
- Cook the shrimp (in a skillet or on the grill) until the shrimp is opaque (approximately 1-2 minutes on each side).
- Top with cilantro and fresh lime juice, and serve.