Things have been picking up at the office recently as we enter our busy season, so this dish was perfect to come home too. After fighting my way through evening traffic and going for a short run, I was ready to relax and binge watch the new Netflix series, Daredevil (seriously, Marvel fans, this show is excellent and the fight scenes are something else), so being able to whip this meal up so quickly was & is a huge plus in my book.
If you’re looking for a fast & healthy recipe to try this week, scroll down for the recipe. If you’re looking for a new show to burn through, check out Daredevil. Whatever you choose, be sure to let me know what you think!
XO – Courtney
· 15 oz Can of Chickpeas, drained & rinsed
· 1 Cup Edamame, shelled & cooked
· 1/2 T Olive Oil
· 1/4 t Cumin
· 1/4 t Salt
· 1/8 t Cayenne Pepper
· 1/8 t Ginger
· 1-2 Small Apples, chopped
· 1/2 Cup Pecans (or other nut)
· Salt & Pepper for taste
· 1 T Fresh Basil, chopped for garnish
· Makoto Ginger Dressing
1. Cook the chickpeas in a skillet for 5-8 minutes on high heat then add oil, salt, cumin, cayenne pepper, & ginger and mix thoroughly. Add nuts. Simultaneously cook edamame if not already prepared.
2. Combine chickpeas, edamame, & apples in a bowl. Add salt & pepper for taste and top with freshly chopped basil and ginger dressing. Serve warm.