Ready to make the easiest stocking stuffer ever? Keep on reading to learn how you can make these tassel keychains. And if you’re not looking to make a keychain, these tassels could add some flair to a bag or even make cute Christmas ornaments. Get creative!
• Scrap Leather or Vinyl
• Glue (Fabric Glue, Hot Glue, or Super Glue will work)
• Marking Pen or Pencil
• Key Ring
1. Cut a 6″ x 4″ rectangle out of the fabric along with a smaller rectangle approximately 1/4 inch by 1 inch.
2. On the larger piece of fabric, use a ruler to measure down 1/2 inch from the top (along the 6″ side) and mark.
3. Next, make markings along the bottom every 1/4 inch.
4. To create the fringe, cut vertical strips along the 1/4 inch markings all the way up to the 1/2 inch line.
5. Grab the small rectangle, fold in half, and glue together to create a loop. This will be the tab that can be connected to the key ring. Glue the loop to the top right side of the fringed piece.
6. Add glue to the marked off 1/2″ top section and begin rolling the tassel.
7. Once the glue is dried, take your key ring and slide the tassel on the create your keychain!
Scroll down for photos, then click HERE learn how to make the Wooden Beaded Keychain OR go back to DIY: Keychain Stocking Stuffers
XO – Courtney