It has been HOT. Like… “step into the sun and you’re skin feels like it’s melting” hot. Last weekend we hit the triple digits, and we are still reaching the 90s almost every day. We get it, summer, you’re here, but can you calm down for a second?
So with temps like that, does anyone really want to be slaving away over a hot stove in the kitchen? Not me. But I’ve finally got our kitchen in “working condition” and all of our pots and pans and new gizmos are here that I’ve been dreaming about using for months, so what’s a girl to do? Answer: One Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta. One pot dishes are going to be my new favorite thing. I’ve already tried a few, and they have all tasted amazing + clean up is pretty darn easy.
For this one in particular, you throw most of the ingredients into a stock pot, cover, and get the heck outta the kitchen and lay under a fan until it starts to boil. Once boiling, remove the lid and let it finish cooking for another 10 minutes or so (again…leave the kitchen). When the noodles are done and most of the liquid is absorbed, mix in the cream cheese and sauce, and serve it up. Easy enough and you spent maybe 2 minutes in the kitchen while the stove was on.
If you guys already have some favorite one pot dishes, comment below. Definitely looking for more to try!
XO – Courtney
One Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta Recipe
· 12 oz fettuccine
· 2 cups water
· 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
· 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
· 3 garlic cloves, minced
· salt + pepper to taste
· 3 oz cream cheese
· 2 cups tomato sauce
· 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Combine water, broth, pasta, basil, garlic, salt + pepper in a stockpot.
2. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove cover and cook for another 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir occasionally.
3. Remove from heat, stir in cream cheese and sauce.
4. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.