Today I’m bringing you a fresh + healthy recipe that will make your tastebuds sing. I’ll go ahead and warn you though, don’t let the fairly long list of ingredients scare you from trying this one! I promise it’s a really quick + easy recipe to throw together!
I like to start by getting all my ingredients prepped (chopping all the veggies, getting the lettuce cups ready, etc). The ground turkey (or beef, your choice) will cook quickly, and then it’s just matter creating the lettuce wrap with all the fresh ingredients you’ve prepped.
This is a great weeknight recipe, and I always make enough to take leftovers to work for lunch the next day. Easy to assemble and co-workers will always look on enviously.
XO – Courtney
Asian Lettuce Wraps
• 1 lb ground turkey or beef
• 1 onion, chopped
• 3-4 garlic cloves, diced
• 1 inch piece of ginger, diced
• 1 T olive oil
• 3-4 T hoisin sauce
• 1 T soy sauce
• shredded carrots
• chopped peanuts
• chopped green onion
• sesame seeds
• salt + pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a large pan and add the ground turkey. Add salt + pepper, and break apart the meat while it cooks.
2. Once done, set aside cooked meat in a separate bowl. Use the same pan to cook the onion, garlic, and ginger for about 3 minutes.
3. Add the meat back into the pan, and stir in hoisin and soy sauce. Let simmer together for a few minutes.
4. Serve the meat mixture in lettuce cups, and top with carrots, peanuts, green onions, and sesame seeds.