Preparing for a trip, no matter how long or short, requires some degree of preparation. And since I’m fresh off a 10.5 hour flight + a 2 hour layover + another 2.5 flight, I though I’d share some of my own travel tips that will get you through those long (and short) flights.
Beauty Products + Tips:
• Mario Badescu Facial Spray: SO refreshing and hydrating and a must have in my opinion. My favorites are Rose Water or Chamomile Lavender.
• Sephora Gel Sleep Mask: If you’re in need of extra moisture while you sleep, the gel sleeping mask from Sephora is perfect. My favorite is the Lotus (moisturizing + soothing), but they have several options to choose from. If you don’t want to use this on the plane, it’s perfect for your first night after you arrive to really refresh your skin after a long + dry flight.
Tip: It’s supposed to be a one time use but I find I can get several uses out of it; just bring an extra ziplock bag to store it in!
• Argon Oil: What cant this little miracle oil do?? Moisturize your skin, tame flyaways + split ends, condition cuticles. Grab the travel size and throw it in your carry on.
• Chapstick or Lip Balm: A no brainer. I prefer something a little thicker so it will last. This Rosebud Salve is one of my favorites.
• Dry Shampoo: The EASIEST way to freshen up your look after a day of traveling. Grab a travel size for your carry on, and you’ll be ready for anything after your flight.
• Eye Cream: I have 2 favorites: Clinique All About Eyes + Sephora Instant Awakening Eye Moisturizer (pictured). Both work miracles to reduce puffiness and dark circles, so you can look like you actually got your beauty sleep on the airplane.
• Blotting Paper: This is always a great item to keep in your bag on a daily basis, so it makes sense to keep it handy while traveling. I grabbed these from Sephora.
• Eye Mask
• Travel Pillow
• Fuzzy Socks
• Sweater or Blanket Scarf
• Portable Charger
• Load up on audiobooks, movies, and music
• Healthy Snacks: Protein bars, nuts, dried fruits + veggies, etc. I try to keep the snacking to a minimum because I’m basically stuck sitting down, BUT it’s good to have a few healthy options on hand.
• Tea: Try to stay away from caffeinated drinks (and alcohol), and instead opt for decaf. I like to bring my own tea and just get a cup of hot water. Dandelion tea is caffeine free and has a ton of great health benefits like reducing bloating and eliminating toxins from the body.
• Gum or Mints
• Water Bottle
• Antibacterial Wipes (please, please, please wipe down those arm rests and tray tables!!)
• Hand Sanitizer
Now that you are ready to go, where are you heading?
Last little note: We are officially in Budapest now! Planning to do a little exploring + settling in today, but expect a post soon with lots of updates!
XO – Courtney