You don’t need a lot of time or ingredients to whip up a delicious grilled cheese. Even if you mix it up a little, it’s almost always a pretty quick fix. I’ve always liked grilled cheese, but never really considered all the possibilities until I went to Raleigh’s Food Truck Rodeo last summer and tried a Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese from American Meltdown. Since then I’ve been a little obsessed with creating new grilled cheeses, so today I’m counting down my top ten grown up grilled cheeses.
10. Bacon Grilled Cheese
9. Mozzarella Grilled Cheese (with Marinara Dipping Sauce)
8. Ham & Cheese Grilled Cheese
7. BLT Grilled Cheese
6. Breakfast Grilled Cheese (Bacon, Eggs, Cheese & any of your other favorite breakfast ingredients)
5. Pizza Grilled Cheese (Mozzarella & Pepperoni with Marinara Dipping Sauce)
4. Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese
3. Apple Butter Grilled Cheese with Cheddar & Mozzarella
2. Chicken Bacon Cheddar Grilled Cheese (Ranch Optional)
andddd drumroll please…
1. Macaroni & Cheese, Pulled Pork, & Bacon Grilled Cheese (recipe below!)
picture 1: macaroni & cheese, pulled pork, & bacon grilled cheese on sourdough [homemade, recipe below] // picture 2: buffalo chicken grilled cheese [american meltdown]
All delicious and pretty self explanatory. It’s all about combining your favorite flavors and putting them together with cheese and your favorite bread (I highly recommend a fresh loaf of sourdough)
So…what’s your favorite grilled cheese?
XO – Courtney