Well this year I’m 2,500 miles away from my mom’s mix, so I just had to make it myself. It’s an easy recipe that’s perfect for a holiday party or personal snacking, but I’m warning you, this stuff is addicting.
My family has always made Chex Mix in the oven, but I saw a recipe for Crockpot Chex Mix and I was intrigued. First of all, I only have 1 baking sheet so the oven idea was already going to be difficult, and secondly, I love to use the crockpot whenever possible, so I took the ingredients from my mom’s recipe and threw it all in the crackpot. Once everything is combined, set the crackpot on low for 3 hours, mixing every 30 minutes, and go on decorating or wrapping presents while the smell of Chex Mix fills your home. See below for the detailed recipe, but here’s a few tips: When you go to stir the chex mix, I found it easier to pour the contents into a separate large bowl and mix gently with a rubber spatula to keep the mix from breaking. I also left the crockpot lid cracked slightly to let extra steam out so the mix wouldn’t get soggy.
Once the 3 hours are up, lay the chex mix flat on wax paper or foil to cool then start snacking! Keep it in a sealed container and enjoy it while it lasts. It will keep for several weeks if stored properly, but I’m sure it will be long gone before you even have a chance to worry about that!
XO – Courtney
· 3 Cups Rice Chex
· 3 Cups Wheat Chex
· 1 Cup Pretzel Sticks
· 1 Cup Goldfish
· 1 Cup Cheez Its
· 1 Cup Mixed Nuts
· 1/3 Cup Oil
· 1/4 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
· 1 T Garlic Salt (Heaping)
· 2 T Accent (Heaping)
*Adjust according to what you like in your Chex Mix!*
1. Combine rice chex, wheat chex, pretzels, goldfish, cheez its, & mixed nuts in a large bowl.
2. Combine oil, worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, & accent in a measuring cup and stir well.
3. Slowly pour liquid over mix, stirring gently. Combine until mix is evenly coated.
4. Pour mix into crockpot. Set crockpot on low for 3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
5. Spread out over wax paper or foil to cool. Store in a sealed container.