Have you given up on your new years resolutions already? If so: eat this. If not: read this, drool, and consider a cheat day.
Hot Chocolate French Toast. Not one or the other. Not one with the other. Both. Combined into one delicious breakfast (or brunch, lunch, dinner…because breakfast is good at any meal). Zack and I first tried this recipe out on Christmas morning, and it was love at first bite. All you have to do is add a packet of hot chocolate powder to the egg/milk/cinnamon combination and you’re ready to go. Our hot chocolate had mini marshmallows in it, and I think that only made it better! (Think of all the hot chocolate variations there are out there. We have Sea Salt Caramel Hot Chocolate in our pantry right now too, and I’m dying to try that one out next time.) Finally, top it off with syrup and a little whipped cream (as you would your favorite cup of cocoa) and enjoy!
XO – Courtney
· 4 Slices of Bread
· 3 Eggs
· 3/4 Cup Milk
· 1/2 t Cinnamon
· 1 Packet Hot Chocolate Powder
· Syrup (Optional Topping)
· Whipped Cream (Optional Topping)
1. Whisk eggs and milk together.
2. Slowly pour cinnamon and hot chocolate into egg and milk mixture.
4. Pour mixture into a shallow bowl or dish. Take bread slices and soak both sides in the mixture.
5. Place bread slices on frying pan over medium-low heat and cook until browned on both sides (about 2-3 minutes per side).
6. Top with syrup & whipped cream. Enjoy!