We’ve still got about a month of spring left, BUT that won’t stop many of us from kicking off the summer season a little early, and with Memorial Day coming up, it seems like the perfect time to share a drink that will put you in the summer spirit: Margarita Sangria. I love wine & I love margaritas so marrying the two together seemed like a match made in heaven (spoiler alert: it was). Now I’ll never have to choose between the two again!
Zack and I are heading up the California coast for a Memorial Day weekend-getaway in San Francisco, so I probably won’t be making this recipe over the weekend, BUT since I’ll be in the middle of wine country, I think I’ll manage just fine. Or maybe I’ll just have to throw a bottle of tequila into my suitcase too!
XO – Courtney
· 1 bottle of white wine (750 mL)
· 1.5 cups tequila
· 1 cup triple sec
· 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
· Juice of 1-2 limes
· 1 orange, slic ed
· 2 limes, sliced
1. Combine wine, tequila, triple sec, orange juice, lime juice, orange slices, & lime slices in a pitcher.
2. Chill for 2 hours or more before serving.
3. Optional: Serve over ice in salt rimmed wine glasses and add a few cilantro leaves to each glass.