Between Christmas parties and good old holiday cooking (cookies & check mix & cocoa, oh my), I don’t think the words “I’m hungry” have left my mouth since before Thanksgiving. And it’s not even Christmas yet!
I’ve been planning out our menu for the Christmas Day for a few weeks, but if you’re still looking for a few side items to round out your meal (& bellies), I think today’s recipe might just make your list: Honey Roasted Carrots.
It’s the perfect combination of sweet and savory: drizzled with honey, sprinkled with ground coriander, baked until they are melt in your mouth good, and finally topped off with chives, thyme, and pomegranate seeds.
Can you say MMM-erry Christmas?
XO – Courtney
· 2 T Olive Oil
· 2 T Honey
· 1.5 t Ground Coriander
· 1 t Salt
· 1/4 t Pepper
· 1 T Sesame Seeds
· 1 T Fresh Thyme
· 1 T Fresh Chives (chopped)
· 1/2 Cup Pomegranate Seeds
2. Place sliced carrots on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and honey. Sprinkle on the coriander, salt, & pepper, and toss together until carrots are well coated.
3. Roast for 10 minutes and stir. Place back in the oven for 15-20 more minutes and stir every 5 minutes until carrots are tender and the edges are caramelized.
4. Top with sesame seeds, thyme, gives, and pomegranate seeds. Add additional salt & pepper as needed, and serve hot!