Our apartment has been undergoing some pretty big renovations, so Zack and I were looking to escape all the dust and chaos. We hopped in the car and made our way up to Ojai (and there may or may not have been some Christmas music playing on the radio).
Ojai is the perfect day trip from LA, or if you have extra time, make a long weekend out of it. For our quick day trip we explored the town and a few of the nearby sights.
• Wander the town and do some shopping (or window shopping) – it’s got a great vibe with tons of cute shops + sights
• While you’re wandering, check out Bart’s Books. It’s a huge outdoor bookstore and it feels like a maze of aisles and aisles of books. They even have an honor system for selling books after hours!
• After you’re done in town, take a 10 minute drive down the road to Ojai Olive Oil for a tour of the olive groves and olive oil tastings.
• End that day at Meditation Mount. The gardens are beautiful and it’s the perfect place to watch the sunset
• If you’re looking for the perfect place for breakfast, check out Knead Baking Company. It’s an adorable bakery and cafe with the cutest patio. Zack and I shared a veggie bagel (bagel with goat cheese, tomato, arugula, and olive oil), a couple apricot scones, and hot tea.
• Who can say no to tacos? Or burritos or quesadillas or anything when it comes on a fresh homemade tortilla? If that sounds like you, the Ojai Tortilla Factory is your place. This is a grab and go restaurant (no seating) so it’s perfect for a quick bite. The line was out the door (so you know it’s good) but the service is quick.
We passed so many restaurants, so finding a place that you’ll like shouldn’t be too hard.
It was such as relaxing day trip, so if your looking to get out of the city for the day, it’s worth checking out!
XO – Courtney